The Hoodwinking of a Nation
Julian L. Simon
(see also vita,
College of Business and Management, University of Maryland, College Park
- Chapter 1
- The Vanishing Farmland Scam of the Government and Media
- Chapter 2
- An Open Letter to Leonard Downie About False Bad News
- Chapter 3
- Global Confusion, 1980: A Hard Look at the Global 2000 Report
- Chapter 4
- What Does the Public Wrongly Believe About Environment, Resources, and Population?
- Chapter 5
- Personal Knowledge Versus Media-Shaped Opinions
- Chapter 6
- Population Control and Knowledge Information Control: A Case of Lysenkoism
- Chapter 7
- How the Comparisons People Make Affect Their Beliefs About Whether Things are Getting Better or Worse
- Chapter 8
- Why Do We Hear Prophecies of Doom From Every Side?
- Chapter 9
- Mundane Reasons for the Bad-News Bias
- Chapter 10
- The Old-Time Journalistic Methods Don't Work Here
- Chapter 11
- Why Are So Many Biologists Alarmed?
- Chapter 12
- (Now Part of Chapter 11)
- Chapter 13
- The Population Establishment and False Bad News: A Case Study
- Chapter 14
- How Do Green Rhetoricians Operate?
- Chapter 15
- Damn Lies, Statistics, and Doomsday
- Chapter 16
- Why Does the Public Not Hear Environmental Sound Thinkers?
- Appendix 1
- The population of news and the population of people [under construction]
This page is maintained by Matthew Munsey.
Questions, comments, and/or suggestions should be directed to email@example.com.